Centre for Living with Dying™
The Centre for Living with Dying™ serves children, adolescents, and adults who are dealing with grief and loss.
To receive services: Please contact Bill Wilson Center at (408) 243-0222 and ask for an Intake Counselor.
About the Centre for Living with Dying: BWC's Centre for Living with Dying program provides emotional support to adults and children facing life-threatening illness or the trauma of having a loved one die. The Centre also provides crisis intervention services and broad-based educational programs on grief and loss. Whether clients choose individual counseling or grief groups, they are gently given tools for coping with loss and trauma. Individual and small group grief support is available for adults, children, teens and families.
The Healing Heart Program, a special grief program offered by the Centre for Living with Dying, is a resource where families and youth can connect in life-altering times of grief and loss. The program offers grief groups for youth ages 5-17, as well as parent/caregiver groups to assist adults supporting children through the grieving process. For more information on the Healing Heart Program, please click here: Healing Heart Program
Other Special Services Include:
Community Education dealing with issues related to grief, death and trauma
The Centre for Living with Dying™ is certified to provide law enforcement training, nurse training, clergy and mental health professional education and a variety of support groups, including survivors of suicide, survivors of homicide, breast cancer support, gay and lesbian grief support, parental grief and neo-natal grief. For more information on any Centre for Living with Dying programs or counseling groups, please call (408) 243-0222.
- "The support I have found at Bill Wilson Center is helping me deal with my loss." - Centre for Living with Dying Client
- "Couples therapy has helped me to communicate with my husband a lot better." - Centre for Living with Dying Client
- "Your CISM debriefing saved my life. I was thinking of killing myself after the death of two children in a car fire because I couldn't save them, and now you have saved me." - Firefighter, Critical Incident Stress Management Client
- "I was so impressed with your agency and the CISM training. Your words heal people and your agency provides a wonderful service to the entire community." - Therapist, Critical Incident Stress Management Team Coordinator
- "I am committed to being a compassionate dispatcher again. Thank you for giving me my heart back." - Dispatcher, Critical Incident Stress Management Trainee
BWC Salutes Janet Childs for her 45 Years of Care
After 45 years of service, Janet Childs retired in February!
You may help the Centre for Living with Dying™ maintain the legacy of Janet's work by making a donation in Janet's honor.
Janet had been the Director of Educational Services for the CLD. She is also the Bay Area Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) creator. Janet has been working in the field since 1976 and has been active in crisis intervention counseling for the past 32 years. She has also been an active trainer providing services in the areas of death, dying, grief and loss, trauma management, CISM, rape and suicide prevention.
Let's ensure this extraordinary woman's work will continue to thrive in the years to come.