At Bill Wilson Center we respect the personal dignity, confidentiality and privacy of our clients.
We have safeguards in place that protect health information. Clients are informed of their privacy rights, when they enter our programs and are provided with a copy of our privacy policies.
SUMMARY OF BILL WILSON CENTER’S PRIVACY POLICIES
The following explains how personal health information is protected and maintained. It describes how this information may be used and disclosed and how clients can get access to it. It also explains rights regarding personal health information. The law says that we must explain our privacy notice and provide a copy to our clients (if they wish to have one). We obtain client signatures acknowledging that we have done so.
All individuals who work at Bill Wilson Center are committed to client privacy.
What client rights are:
- Clients have the right to request access to their information
- Clients have the right to request a change or correction to their information.
- Clients have the right to request that we contact them in a specific way.
- Clients have the right to request us to limit information that we share.
- Clients have the right to request a list of certain disclosures of information that we have made.
- Clients have the right to submit a complaint if they are unhappy with the way we handle their information.
How information may be shared:
- We share it with people who work at Bill Wilson Center to treat clients, to pay client bills and to perform and improve our services.
- Occasionally companies and/or individuals that we contract with to run our business may have access to client information.
- All companies and individuals that we hire or contract with are committed in writing to client privacy also
- Sometimes we share information because the law requires us to do so
- We share information to secure payment for service.
(This is a summary of our Privacy Notice).
Please discuss any questions or concerns about our privacy practices with a Bill Wilson Center workforce member or contact Laura Foster at 408-243-0222.