Santa Cruz Host Homes
Open Homes, Open Hearts #BeTheChange
Bill Wilson Center’s Shared Housing /Host Home Program is looking for people who can provide temporary housing (6 months) in a safe and welcoming environment for LGBTQ /Allie youth ages 18-24 who are experiencing housing instability.
The program is designed to allow youth to continue to live in an independent living arrangement, live, attend school, and work within their home communities. Youth will have a private bedroom within the Host’s home and receive case management and supportive service referrals through BWC.
- Bill Wilson Center’s Host Home Program/Shared Housing Program partners with young people experiencing housing instability to build sustainable community where young adults will continue to thrive and feel supported in a safe welcoming, host home environment.
- The Host Homes /Shared Housing Program partner will be provided with monthly rental assistance ($850) as an incentive to providing temporary shelter to LGBTQ youth.
- Hosts can be families, couples or singles who identify as LGBTQ or are allies of the LGBTQ community.
- Bill Wilson Center will match a LGBTQ youth to approved host homes.
- Host homes can be located anywhere in Santa Cruz County.
- Hosts receive ongoing training and 24/7 support from BWC case managers.
Be the change - be a Host Home Mentor!
Case Manager/Host Home Recruiter, Valerie Arno