As part of Bill Wilson Center's continuum of care, we are proud to offer Parenting Classes for caregivers of children ages 12 - 17.
Our Parenting Workshop focuses on building and strengthening the skills and resources parents need to care for, guide and encourage their children. With an emphasis on communication skills and mutual respect, our curriculum follows the Systematic Training for Effective Parenting (S.T.E.P.) program. This program helps parents build meaningful connections with their children so they can better understand the cause of their child's misbehavior.
Our Parenting Class is a multi-week program, held on seven consecutive Saturdays from 10 - noon.
Parents completing this seven week workshop learn:
- How to respond to inappropriate behaviors.
- How to decide "Who owns the problem?"
- How to communicate so that your child actually hears you.
- How to be an encouraging parent.
- How to set limits with appropriate consequences and rewards.